You are here:
- > Attendance
APPLICATION FOR LEAVE OF ABSENCE
The schools within the Jefferys Education Trust believe that full attendance and punctuality are essential for all children to enable them to reach their full potential in all aspects of life.
Parents have a legal duty to ensure regular and punctual attendance by their child at school. Holidays should be taken during the school holiday period.
Leave of Absence
- Applications should be made at least 3 weeks in advance.
- Parents are strongly advised to apply for leave of absence before they confirm their arrangements.
- Any requests for leave of absence that are not granted, but subsequently taken, will result in the absence being recorded as unauthorised.
- Unauthorised absence may result in the issue of a Fixed Penalty Notice to each parent, for each child absent.
- Unauthorised absence may result in a referral to the Education Welfare Service and can lead to prosecution.
- If a pupil does not return to school on the agreed date and no communication is received from parents, the pupil may be removed from the school roll.
- Under no circumstances will a request for leave of absence in term time be authorised after it has taken place.
- The Head of School will notify you of a decision within 10 days of the receipt of this form.
- A separate application must be made to each of the schools your children attend.
- A copy of the School Attendance Policy can be obtained from the school office and includes the arrangements for term-time leave of absence in more detail.